Saturday 8 April 2017

LL100 Recce Buttermere to Dalemain


Opps...thought I'd published this a week ago :)

Sunday 26th March 2017. Buttermere to Dalemain Lakeland 100 recce. 33 Miles in lovely sunshine with lovely company doing what I love in a place I love.

Having been feeling quite low and really questioning whether I really have what it takes to run 100 miles I feel a bit more confident and almost reminded what I love about this sport. No pressure on times but just being out with others with the same goal of getting round and enjoying each others company on the way. I won't lie that I remain nervous that my legs felt a tired and sore in places towards the end of the day; however reassured that the following day felt I could have gone for a run.

Despite having lost an hour in bed and having to get to Dalemain to get the coach I felt lucky to enjoy the beautiful drive with sunrise in the clearest of skies over the snow capped mountains. I was lucky to join up with a group of girls that I could run with which really did make for an enjoyable day. It really does make all the difference having good people to share a day out in the glorious mountains. And that's what the lakeland is all about...sharing the journey and being there for one another. Looking forward to the next one :)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment