Thursday 19 March 2020

Isolation anxieties

Overwhelming Corvid-19

I think it's fair to say we are all feeling the strain of our current situation with CORVID-19. It is taking over social media, news, conversations and our minds. What makes it worse is that we are stuck inside without the usual methods we use as distractions. The seriousness and effects of it all is overwhelming. Although I would say that social media is doing an amazing job and trying to get the message and information across and help people, it can also bring with it more anxiety and stress. Everyone has an opinion and way of coping and we need to try and encourage and support one another, not criticise or cause more worry. We all need to do our best to honour the advice and instruction given to us. But we also need to support people in following the advice and coming to terms with what can be a massive mental struggle. I have to say I think its amazing the support out there with advice on things to do and how to keep busy. Let us just be careful in who we criticise and think about how we can help them follow the guidelines.

I must admit that I have been struggling the last few days. And I get frustrated at myself because I am one of the lucky ones. I found myself getting worked up over trying to make the decision to do an online shop. I decided to go for it but then felt pissed off that I have to wait 2 and half weeks and most of the options I wanted I ended up having to pay more. I worry about everything and like to feel in control of my spending and what I'm buying and when. So this has been a real battle for me. But on reflection it is probably good for me too. I am so fortunate to be able to get supplies, get them delivered and have friends drop things off every now and then. Its not how I would choose to do things but aren't we lucky that we have the options if not ideal? Yes, I need to keep reminding myself of this. 

In the meantime I need to keep getting outside and keep active as my energy allows...

Hill walks in the sun, ball throwing in the garden, inside swinging and muddy puddles!


Doing upright row (above) and bicep curl (below) with Kahlan. Can use theraband 

Muddy puddles


No comments:

Post a Comment