Tuesday 17 March 2020

Stepping out

Forest walks during isolation

The government, quite rightly have suggested that we keep our distances and in particular those who are vulnerable, myself included.
They have also said that going outside to exercise is also fine and I would say advised. I wish I could (and felt like) going for a run, but I am more than happy to be able to get out for a walk with my Kibo dog and enjoy the fresh air, peace and solitude away from the constant news about the virus. Not only does it make me feel like I have escaped the 4 walls of home but it just reminds me that there is beauty around and things to be enjoyed in solitude. 

First thing this morning Kahlan, as always, once had her breakfast was full of life and wanting to run around the house. We started doing high knee exercises, fast feet on the spot, little squats and playing 'chase you (me)'. Although I was flagging until I could get a coffee in me, her joy is infectious and gives you an energy boost. So get moving with your little ones if you have them or get outside for a bit of fresh air and movement. 

I hope to try and set up some kind of video channel link but not being tech savvy in any way I need to figure it out, but once I do will try and get a few things up. I know there will be lots out there like it, but it will be good for me to get inventive and thinking one or 2 others may benefit is a good motivator. 

I struggled for the rest of the day feeling drained and emotional with all the news and some anxiety about having a baby in the current circumstances. I am sure it will all be fine but pregnancy hormones play havoc with me. I was however more relaxed about just being able to relax a bit this afternoon and even had a nap, with Joe being around makes it easier. So this isolation isn't all bad.

Lets see what the next few days bring? Stay safe and healthy! Just hope I will be able to restock on my food essentials 😝

No comments:

Post a Comment