Wednesday 25 March 2020

Lockdown

Doing our bit to help...and trying to stay sane!

Coronavirus/CORVID-19 is making history. And we are all a part of it, whether we like it or not. My eyes fill with tears thinking of the fight that the NHS is facing and pride for all they are doing. I wish I could do more to help but for now all I can do is my best to stay inside as much as possible and keep my distance, even from my closest friends and family, and reach out to others in a way that is safe. I will also just keep praying for things to become more manageable and for the decisions that have to be made constantly. 
I also need to try and keep myself sane by getting out in the acceptable ways and embracing the opportunity to spend time with my awesome family. I am also keen to help people who may be struggling with any musculoskeletal problems where some advice and encouragement may be needed. I know there is loads of amazing people out there offering free exercise videos and plans and I am going to try post some fun exercises to do with a little one. 
Joe goes back to work on the front line soon after testing negative for the CORVID-19. I only wish it were positive as this means we are more at risk. But I feel proud and support what he will be doing. I am going to struggle physically and mentally with him being out at work. It has been so great him being here to share the Kahlan and Kibo load, particularly with being 33 weeks pregnant! Just in case you didn't know haha. 




It has taken a pandemic to bring the sunshine out. Not that I'm complaining! We have tried to keep  active outside. Kahlan played with sand while I did a spot of gardening (if you can call it that) and then helped daddy mow the lawn :) 

Later on in the day we did a spot of family yoga :) Bridge where you peel your spine off the floor and slowing lower it down using the glutes and mobilising the spine. And Kahlans favourite downward dog stretching the backs of the legs and calves and working the shoulders and arms. 


 
It is fun getting Kahlan involved but still need to get out and walk and do a bit of cross training or Pilates, usually when Kahlan has a nap. It'll be harder to keep up that when Joe is back at work but will still aim to run after Kahlan and do some fun exercise together. Just keeping moving is valuable and need to keep telling myself that, especially as I get bigger and the fatigue of late pregnancy is setting in.

I hope everyone is managing to find ways to stay sane and positive in this difficult and unbelievable time were are going through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment